Man, oh man. You guys added a lot of amazing bucket list items to the contest. Everything from beating the big balls on Wipeout, eating a meal prepared by an Iron Chef, experiencing the Aurora Borealis in Northern Canada, playing the world’s longest golf course in Australia and having coffee with Paulo Coelho.
Brilliant stuff! I’m going to leave the page up so people can continue to add to it.
Congratulations to Tony Wilford!
It the end it was a heated battle between Tony and Kyla, as they raced neck-and-neck to the finish line. In the end though, Tony squeaked out a victory with 130 votes (followed closely by Kyla’s 108). So congratulations to the winner of the Bucket List Contest, Tony Wilford, for this winning entry:
“To see my two girls grow old and see them enjoy their life as much as I have enjoyed mine!”
Congrats Tony! You’ve won the $100 cash prize, signed copies of my books and the coveted Bucket List Badge of Awesome. Your prize pack is on its way!
Runner ups like prizes too!
The next 10 most-liked Bucket List entries have also won signed copies of my books. If you’re on this list, check your emails for details on claiming your prizes. Congratulations!
“In no particular order:
- Build my own sustainable, eco-friendly home.
- Have coffee with Paulo Coelho.
- Write a children’s book.
- Rescue an animal from a shelter.
- Become completely free of student loan debt.
- Sing the National Anthem at a Red Sox game!”
- “Take my parents to Vegas and watch them party like it’s 1971
- Take my daughter to Poland to see where her Dziadek grew up
- Adopt a dog from a rescue organization
- Go sky diving
- Live on a boat
- Build a kick a$$ tree fort
- Sew a quilt”
- “Spelunk great caves around the world
- Visit Iceland, throw something into an active volcano
- Own a Dodge Viper (I’d settle on a Shelby Mustang)
- Visit Newfoundland
- Live in a cabin in the woods next to a lake”
- “Go swimming with sea otters in Vancouver, BC”
- “Qualify and run in the Boston Marathon”
- “on my bucket list…to get Josh Martin to do the 2013 Childcan Polar Bear Dip in Kingsville Oh and beat the number one fundraising team while we’re there. ;)” (Note from Josh Martin: you’re on!)
- “Experience the beauty of the Aurora Borealis from northern Canada.”
- “eat a meal prepared by one of the Iron Chefs to see what all the fuss is about. Preference would be Mario Batali, Michael Symon or Geoffrey Zacharian – but really any one of them would do…especially if it was free
- Either that or be cool enough to be one of Chuck Hugh’s friends that he invites over for dinner on his show ‘Chucks Day Off’ – but I will settle for paying in one of his restaurants in Montreal
- Man I’m hungry all of a sudden…”
“I have just been thinking about this!
- I want to go to the desert (someplace dark and cloudless) to see the perseid meteor shower.
- Be a contestant on The Price Is Right (shallow, I know, but it looks like so much fun!)
- Build a straw bale house and live in it. (or at least participate in building it)
- Sell some artwork so I can make some more! (I’m running out of space.)”
- “Travel into space and see the Earth from a whole new perspective.”
Thanks to everybody who participated. Of course, the next step is to change your bucket list into a to-do list. So put on your awesome pants and get out there.
Share your own awesome experiences by visiting the Submissions Section (you’ll get a free ebook as a thank you for your submission). Or add your stories, photos and videos to the Badge of Awesome Facebook Page.