Photo scavenger hunts are a great, low-impact, low-cost alternative to the classic “find and collect” game. Whether you’re looking for a fun activity for your corporate event or just want something to do with your buddies on a Saturday afternoon, a photo scavenger hunt is a quick and easy thing to whip together.
As the name suggests, instead of asking players to collect physical items from a list, players are asked to bring back digital photos (or video) of list items. Players either compete as individuals or in teams and scour the town for the photo ops they need.
By not having physical items like “50 packets of ketchup,” you really cut down waste at the end of the day. It also makes it easier for teams since they don’t have to lug around piles of junk. Finally, it opens the door for some very creative list ideas.
has a great list of ideas on their website. Here are a few examples to get your creative juices flowing:
- "Entire team in the dark with flashlights at their faces
- Entire team sitting with an unknown family at a restaurant (1 extra point for each person in the picture who is smiling)
- Someone who is at least 85 years old (while holding their ID)
- Entire team with someone famous (extra points if it's someone famous that none of the teammates personally know)
- Entire team's reflection in something other than a mirror
- One of the members of the team standing in front of (or sitting on) a statue
- Entire team in a pet store (extra points for each team-member holding an animal)
- Entire team in a bathtub or shower (with clothes on of course...) (extra points if everyone is wearing shower caps on their heads)
- Entire team standing by a red convertible car (extra points if everyone is sitting in the convertible car with the car's owner)
- Entire team on a spiral staircase
- A team member hugging a stranger
- One teammate jumping off of a swing (he/she must be in mid-air in the photograph) (Source: Coolest-Parties.com)
And here are some video ideas for your consideration:
What photo and video items would you put on a scavenger hunt list?
The Backyard Badge celebrates creativity, imagination and finding adventure close to home. Share your own awesome experiences by visiting the Submissions Section. Or add your stories, photos and videos to the Badge of Awesome Facebook Page.
- "Get a policeman/women to sing your country's national anthem (from beginning to end!)
- Do a dramatic earthquake scene in a public place (extra points if on the video the scene really looks like an earthquake)
- A man with a beard shaking hands with someone on your team
- Entire team needs to stage a Kung-Fu battle on the sidewalk outside a prestigious hotel
- A teammate walking the dog of someone you all don't know
- One or more members of the team singing at a karaoke bar
- Get all your teammates inside shopping carts (except for whoever is pushing the carts and whoever is videotaping) and roll the carts from one end of the super market to the other
- A team-member break dancing in the middle of a mall
- A little kid singing "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
- A teammate washing the window of a stranger's car (ask first...)
- The whole team sings a famous song from a famous movie while standing in front of a movie theater
- Go to a toy store and someone on your team yells "OH MY GOSH IT'S A BARBIE!!" really loud
- The whole team doing the Macarena dance together in a public place
- One or more members of a team standing under a public clock at an exact time (such as 1:24 p.m.)
- A teammate asking a stranger if they can marry them (extra points if the stranger says "Yes")
- Atleast two teammates hanging upside down on the monkey bars singing the "Pledge of Allegiance" to the tune of a Beatles song
- A dog relieving himself on a fire hydrant
- Get a stranger to let you bowl for him/her during their own game (extra points if you get a Strike)" (Source: Coolest-Parties.com)
Add some awesomeness to your inbox. Subscribe for free to receive email updates of new posts. You’ll also get a free ebook as a thank you for subscribing.